The group also establishes the process and qualifying criteria for the recognition and awarding of the AGC Chapter Safety Awards and promotes participation in the National AGC Safety Award (NASA) Program. This along with their guidance on safety, health and environmental challenges, ensures that employers and employees in Michigan have some of the safest, healthiest and environmentally friendly workplaces in the country.
Safety Training Throughout Michigan
National Safety Stand-Down - May 8-12, 2017. Click here for resources AGC of Michigan has prepared.
- ClickSafety.com- online safety training Provides AGC members access to a comprehensive library of 300+ online construction, environmental and general industry safety courses, including OSHA 10‐ and 30‐hour Outreach Training.
By visiting www.clicksafety.com/agc, AGC members can purchase any of the available ClickSafety courses and save 10%.
10‐ and 30‐Hour OSHA Outreach Training
Safety and Health Fundamentals
Personal Protective Equipment
Slips, Trips and Falls
Ergonomics, Back Injury Prevention and Safe Lifting Techniques
Mold in Construction
OSHA Training Institute Courses
AGC MI has partnered with the Great Lakes OSHA Training Institute at Eastern Michigan University and is offering the following OSHA Training Institute (OTI) courses at a 10% discount for members.
510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards - Construction
March 14-17, 2017 in Lansing, MI
500 Trainer Course - Construction
April 4-7,2017 in Lansing, MI
OSHA 30-Hour Construction
June 13-16, 2017 in Lansing, MI
Be Recognized for your Safety Excellence
AGC wants to promote your commitment to safety!
Get Involved in Construction Safety
Improve your company safety program, strengthen jobsite safety, and network with safety professionals in Michigan and across the U.S.
- AGC Michigan/MIOSHA Alliance Program – A cooperative program that promotes construction safety at selected jobsites as determined by the contractor. AGC contractors agree to promote project safety through a poster announcing enhanced safety efforts, posting safety staff names, and allowing MIOSHA to inspect the project and provide on-site training. Learn more here.
- AGC of Michigan Safety Committee – Works to improve industry safety and advises the association on policy matters related to safety and health. Join here
- AGC of America Safety Committee – Helps develop safety and health training for contractors, develops safety resources, and tracks legislative and regulatory issues that affect construction safety. Learn more here.
Resources & products are available from AGC to further enhance your safety program.
Safety Advice & Consultation
Additional Safety Services & Information
- Emergency/Disaster Preparedness Plan – AGC of Michigan maintains a roster of available equipment and manpower (provided by the contractor members) to assist the State in the event of an emergency. Participation Form
- Environmental – AGC of Michigan advocates on behalf of its members on environmental issues that impact the construction industry. AGC of America has an active environmental program with many ways to participate.
- AGC of America Environmental e-Forum – A topical discussion thread via e-mail to allow AGC members to discuss work-related environmental issues with their peers from across the country. Join here
*No charge training is funded by a grant from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.